RSS Feed for Aurora MH Center News
Note: Content for this RSS feed is provided as a text alternative to inline RSS feeds that may not display on all browsers.
- Deep Brain Stimulation Beneficial in Anorexia Nervosa
Deep brain stimulation is associated with significant improvements in affective symptoms and body mass index in treatment-refractory anorexia nervosa, according to a study published online Feb. 23 in The Lancet.
- Many Patients Get Opioid Rx While Receiving Buprenorphine
A substantial proportion of patients with opioid use disorder fill prescriptions for non-buprenorphine opioids during and following treatment with buprenorphine, according to a study published online Feb. 23 in Addiction.
- Review Raises Questions About Herbal Meds for Heart Problems
While popular among patients, they haven't been proven safe or effective in clinical trials, study says.
- Some Health Fads May Not Be All That Healthy
Vegetable juices, coconut oil have downsides, and gluten-free makes little difference in those without the sensitivity, study finds.
- Hospital Sinks May Be Awash in 'Superbugs'
Study finds drug-resistant bacteria can colonize in drains, spread to sinks and eventually reach patients.